It may happen that an update installation should be undone.
Updates do not touch the data of the existing version and remain on your hard disk. So you can easily return to the previous version. If you still have the old version installed, you can simply restart it. In this case you don’t have to do anything. If you have deleted or overwritten the old version, please install exactly the same version again on your system or on all your systems if you use Pimero on several PCs.
Important: Please do not start the configuration wizard under any circumstances! With this wizard you would create a new database and delete your data irrevocably!
1. Please find out exactly the old version number first. You can open the data directory of Pimero in Windows Explorer to see for which versions data have already been created. Examples for subdirectories are 8.1 or 9.2.See here how you find the data directoy for the server. See here how you finde the data directory for the client.
2. Download the installation program from our archive:
Older pimero versions
3. Run the setup.exe. Important: Follow these instructions step by step!
10. Do not select “Start Pimero” in the last step!
11. After installation, the installer window closes. The configuration wizard may then open automatically.
Do not execute this under any circumstances! Just close the window! Otherwise you will lose your data!
12. Launch Pimero. Note: You can only start Pimero if you have previously configured the client on this PC. Please make sure that you start the correct version. References in the Start menu or on the desktop may point to the wrong version. It is best to start Pimero directly from Windows Explorer.
Notes for Server-Only Installations: If Pimero has only been set up as a server (without a client) on a PC, you cannot simply start Pimero here. If you run the configuration wizard, you can add a new client to the existing server.
Important: Do not run the wizard to install a new server or a new single-user installation. You would overwrite your server database and delete it.